I was recently tagged by Winemakerssister, an EtsyPaper and EtsyGreetings team member. Heather is one of the first Etsy artists I met when I joined Etsy and she is seriously one talented seamstress and paper artist and a calligrapher in her own right. The idea of tagging is to tell 6 things that people may not know about me, then tag 5 other bloggers to do the same. Starting now:
1) When I was eleven years old (sixth grade), my mom pulled me out of school and purchased a Volkswagen Westphalia Van to be picked up in Koln, Germany. We flew to Amsterdam, drove South to pick up our van and then traveled through 11 different countries. We were gone approximately 10 months. The exchange rate was so good in 1986 that it was actually less expensive to travel than to live back at home in the States. And it was an unbelievable experience and my mom is my hero!
2) In 1985, I modeled for ESPRIT clothing company. (Remember when the ad campaign was all about real people modeling Esprit's clothes? Well I wrote them a letter and low and behold I was chosen to model their clothes. At the photo shoot, the designers had me wearing a black pair of loafers that were size five. They were so big we had to stuff plastic bags in them so I could walk around! LOL ) I never saw any of the posters because I was in Europe at that time. (So it never really went to my head!)
3) Tennis is my favorite sport to play and to watch. I started playing at six years old and played competitively through high school on the varsity tennis team all four years.
4) I was voted most unique in my high school yearbook.
5) I am really, really afraid of spiders.
6) Seriously, "HOLD THE MAYONNAISE!"
Now it's time for me to tag. I'm going to pick 7 folks from the EtsyPaper Street Team: CS Craft StudioPumpkinsputnik The Paper Peddler The Little Illustrator a + a studio Mechelle Designs timeless paper arts Now it's up to you. Play if you wish. Ignore it if you wish.